Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Faking Feelings

I feel like I have to give them an answer even though I don't have one. Most of the times, I just end up making something up, simply to make them feel better. I don't think they'll understand. They never had to answer so many questions and all the ones they have answered were the truth. I feel like I'm living a lie. I don't know if they will ever see or accept who I am. Are they capable of realizing that I can't explain my feelings? to anyone? I can barely explain it to myself.. How am I supposed to be able to explain something I don't even understand?
If I don't understand, they think something's wrong so they ask. If I look tired, they think something deeper is going on so they ask. If I accidentally respond with the honest truth that they don't expect, they think something's wrong. Whatever I say, something will be wrong. I get that sometimes the things they ask are to care for me but it gets to the point that their care becomes an over-protectiveness. A sense of clinging, not letting go. A serious lack of trust. Sometimes, I would rather them not care at all. If you continue to do what you're doing, I won't be able to grow up. I won't be able to do things on my own because I am forced to always rely on someone else. I can never gain my true independence. I will be clingy and protective. Most of those things are already true so, please, stop before it's too late. I am meant to change, to make mistakes, and grow from them but if you won't let me mess up, how am I supposed to learn? If you shield me from hardship, what will I become? If all I worry about is making sure I'm safe, what can I learn? Please, I'm begging you, let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment